Safety in the District
The HMD Safety Team is a high-profile fixture within our district, easily identified by their two-tone yellow and black shirts. The Safety Team provides daily patrol services to maintain safety within the District.
AGS, Inc., supplies the Hollywood Media District with a conscientious team of officers trained to patrol by bike and foot beat. They serve the community by often being first responders and liaisons between the community and other city agencies. Our safety team also serve as outreach ambassadors for our local unhoused population. Considering the number of service providers just blocks from our district, it makes sense to coordinate with non-profit experts in the field.
We are here to assist. Contact us for all Safety and Nuisance concerns.
- HMD Public Safety: (323) 871-4150,
- Hours Of Operation:
- Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Public Safety Escorts
- Safety escorts by foot to a safe location
Frequently Asked Questions
- If you are a business or property owner please be sure to file a “TRESPASS ARREST AUTHORIZATION FORM” with the LAPD and the BID, which authorizes entry to your property if there is a report of illegal activity.
- Call LAHSA (Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority) at 1-800-548-6047 if you observe a person who is homeless who needs assistance. An outreach team will follow up.
- Call LAPD at 1-877-ASK-LAPD if a person who is unhoused is trespassing, or engaging in other illegal activity.
- To report illegal encampments or illegal storage or dumping of items, you can call 311 or make a request online or on the MyLA311 app.